Feedback from Patients

Many of those who have kindly given feedback are happy to be contacted by those considering surgery. Please email Mr Lavy on for contact details.

AS (Redhill)
KS (Dorset)

JN (London)
EW (Scotland)
RP (Sussex)
DT (Tokyo)
AP (London)
MLS Tadworth (Surrey)
AG (London)
K P (Midlands)
SC Norfolk

  My story actually started just over 20 years ago. The hearing in my right ear deteriorated gradually from around 1990 to a point where it was not very good at all. Then in 1992 the same happened to my left ear so I was in some difficulty. I was referred to a specialist who diagnosed Otoslerosis in both ears. I tried hearing aids but found I had to turn them up high to work and the sound was distorted. I was then lucky to be referred to a Mr Shah at the RNTNE hospital who specialised in the Stapedectomy procedure. After meeting him and feeling at ease with him I decided to have the op in my left ear, although I was fully aware of the risks involved. In April 1993 I was operated on and it was a complete success. Soon after I asked about the possibility of having my right ear done but he was not keen to do it, his reason being that one was so successful it was not worth risking anything with the other. I fully accepted this, very quickly the years flew by and I barely thought about it.

Fast forward to 2009 when early in the year I contracted a bad infection in my left ear and for around 5 days I couldn’t hear out of it so I was virtually deaf. This got me thinking about my right ear and I asked to see a specialist again. I was told that it was possible to have a Stapedectomy in my right ear and was again referred to the RNTNE hospital. For various reasons I didn’t commit to anything and was starting to go off the idea but all that changed when I found this website. I read through everything and was particularly boosted by the positive feedback. I had several questions and sent an Email to Mr Lavy, he came back that evening and that was on a Sunday! This all helped to install a new confidence and I asked to be referred directly to Mr Lavy. I met him at his clinic in February 2011 and  he again explained the procedure and the risks involved. I was amazed that it was done under local anaesthetic and a laser was used (a far cry from 1993!) On that day I decided to go ahead with the operation based on three things, firstly I felt total confidence in Mr Lavy, secondly my right ear was so poor that it was worth the small risk that the hearing could be lost altogether, thirdly I was approaching 50 and thought that if I didn’t do it now I never would and in later years regret not trying. The operation was arranged for April 12th.

On the days leading up to the op my nerves were starting to build, perfectly natural! On the day itself they were in overdrive, but there was also a feeling of expectation. I was soon led to the theatre and as I waited outside the adrenalin was pumping, however the staff helped me feel at ease which helped considerably. When I was put under sedation I promptly fell asleep! I woke to the sound of scraping in my ear but I felt quite calm as this was expected, in fact I could hear everything being said with my good ear and I particularly remember Mr Lavy saying ‘laser’ a couple of times. The main thing was staying still which I found easy, but you must ask if you need to move! I was then aware of sound being louder and this was the moment that the ear drum was moved back in place. I have to say it didn’t really hit me at that moment, I guess because I could hear with my left ear anyway. At the end of the procedure the protective dressing was inserted into the ear canal and of course this instantly muffles the hearing. It was then back to the ward and within a few hours I was allowed to go home,
The first thing I noticed was that when talking, eating and walking the sound seemed to reverberate inside my head. I have had this before when I had a bad head cold when things are blocked up, so I guess the fact that the ear canal was blocked with the dressing was causing this. However this sensation went after 4 days. The other thing was a little dizziness with sudden head movement, but this disappeared after 2 – 3 days. There was absolutely no pain, all I had was a little throbbing and the odd twinge for about a day. As expected I did have taste disturbance, however with me it lasted for about 5 weeks which I believe is unusual. For 3 weeks I had a strong metallic taste and it felt as though my tongue was burnt, then when that disappeared I found taste extremely strong. It then settled back to normal. In general I felt really good for the first couple of days, but then I found I was really tired and a little light headed. It was almost like a delayed reaction. The main thing is to take things very easy and rest, I actually took 2 weeks off from work.
                                                                                                                                          2 weeks after the op I returned to have the dressing removed and this obviously makes a big difference. When I went outside the noise of the traffic was very loud and on the way home on the train I could hear conversation much further away than before so I knew the results were good! For the first week or so one thing I noticed was that my sense of direction by hearing was some way out. Also listening to music was very strange, stereo at last! But bearing in mind for 20 years I had relied on one ear and now suddenly there were two working, the brain had to come to terms with this sudden change! Adjusting to stereo music is still on-going but it is improving all the time.
                                                                                                                                         6 weeks after the op I returned for a hearing test, I had a good idea myself but couldn’t wait to see the results. It is quite amazing that it has gone from being virtually useless to almost normal hearing! It has similar ability as the other ear yet I had thought it to be slightly louder. Mr Lavy explained that it was the brain focussing on the new messages it was receiving but it is definitely starting to balance out. I think it was on this day that the enormity of it hit me and I am so pleased I had this done.

I would like to thank Mr Lavy for what he has done for me, it is truly remarkable. It is probably easy to overlook his team, but thanks also go to them too, they certainly made me feel at ease on the day.

If anyone has this condition and is thinking about having this operation then I urge you to seriously consider it. There are risks as with any procedure, but with Mr Lavy you are in very good hands and his success rate is extremely high.

A S (Redhill)  


Dear Mr Lavy,

At the beginning of this year I was quite depressed. My hearing was deteriorating fast and even wearing hearing aids in both ears wasn’t really helping me.  I used amplifiers on all my telephones and struggled to communicate.
Two years ago I had retrained and qualified as both stockbroker and financial adviser and was opening an office in the New Forest. It should have been an exciting time for me but my hearing difficulties were holding me back.
I found that I was guessing more and more in conversations with everyone and at the end of each day I was exhausted from the effort of concentrating so hard.
I withdrew from social outings, was infuriated by radio and television and felt isolated and lonely. People could be laughing and joking all round me but I couldn’t hear enough to share their jokes and often switched off from everything.
I was extremely worried that my employers would ask me to leave if they ever found out how deaf I was and I fought hard to avoid anyone ever discovering.
This put an enormous strain on me and I was constantly stressed and tired and suffered from frequent headaches.
I repeatedly asked my consultant at my local hospital for a stapedectomy but he repeatedly refused my request.
He emphasised the risks if the operation were to fail and scared me into thinking it was not a good idea. He offered me hearing aids which would screw into my head as an alternative to my behind the ear ones and told me that I was better off with hearing aids. This added to my depression.
After one visit I returned home and searched on the internet for any information on otosclerosis.  Your name appeared over and over, together with your email address.  I sent you an email and you answered me within minutes.
You answered my questions simply and clearly without over dramatising and you gave me hope.
On the morning of my operation, I remember being wheeled into the operating theatre and seeing happy smiling faces all around me. I felt safe and knew I was in good hands.
Towards the end of the operation when you were preparing to test my hearing I didn’t know what to expect. You asked me to repeat a series of numbers to you and when you spoke I was surprised by the clarity and clear tone of your voice in my ear.
The sound of the human voice is truly the most beautiful sound on this earth!
Tears overwhelmed me – it was such a fantastic moment in my life, almost like beginning a new life.
Now my life is wonderful!
I no longer have to strain to make sense of conversations and can even hear people when they’re standing behind me.
I am enjoying my work once again and my family life is so much happier.  I think my children had become used to solving problems between themselves, I could never hear them and repeating their questions over and over was tiresome for them.
Now we have such fun! Everything is easier and I smile all day long!
I think, unless you have suffered hearing loss, it would be hard to comprehend how very different sounds are when heard via hearing aids as opposed to natural hearing.
All I can do is simply say “THANK YOU” to each and every one of you at the hospital.
You have changed my life and I shall always be grateful to you all.
KS (Dorset)


I first became aware of my deafness in my early twenties.  Otosclerosis gets worse as time goes on and I had always told the doctors that an operation would be a last desperate move on my part.  I didn’t like the odds and like most people I didn’t like the idea of an operation.
I hated wearing hearing aids, though the staff at the ENT bent over backwards to help me.  The time came when my hearing was so little in one of my ears that I felt I had nothing to lose. I made a tentative enquiry about the op and was referred to Mr Lavy.  Although he did not try to persuade me to have the operation, after various tests he was upbeat about the chances of success.  I felt I could put my trust and my hearing in the hands of this man.
On the day I was terrified – mainly because I was worried about sneezing during the op, or catching a cold during the recovery period – it was early January 2008 and colds and flu abounded.  When Mr Lavy came to see me before I went down to theatre, he discussed the process with me and what I should do if I thought I was going to sneeze during the op. I hadn’t realized that I’d be able to speak if necessary or ask for a brief pause in the proceedings if I needed to move.    He also dispensed nasal drops for me to take home to reduce my allergic tendency to sneeze.
It was and is an incredible gift that I have been given – to hear, not necessarily perfectly, but well enough to go about my daily life without having to ask for everything to be repeated. 
JN (London)




I can’t speak highly enough of Jeremy Lavy and his team. Jeremy is straightforward, clear, compassionate, supportive, courteous, professional and caring. He answers all my questions, and those of my family, promptly and clearly and provides a personalised service which never makes me feel like ‘just another patient’.

I was anxious about the risks involved in having a stapedectomy and, before I met Jeremy the first time, unsure whether or not to proceed despite the possibility of a significant improvement in my hearing. The deciding factors for me were Jeremy’s low rate of dead ears, and the fact that I felt such trust and confidence in him.

Once I’d decided to have the operation, Jeremy and his team went out of their way to schedule it for a date that was convenient for me. Jeremy had given me his email address and being able to communicate with him directly was both useful and reassuring.

On the day of the operation, I was looked after beautifully by all the hospital staff that I met. I was assigned a nurse, Margaret, who took care of me before and after the operation with kindness and humour, and Jeremy continued to be both compassionate and professional. I actually enjoyed the operation itself (which I still find hard to believe). Jeremy set up a camera so I could watch what he was doing on a screen. I was able to ask him about what I was seeing and, when my neck got uncomfortable at one point, ask to shift position. Because I was chilly, one of the theatre assistants put a heated blanket over me so I felt cosy, comfortable and relaxed.

In the first few days after the operation, I was anxious about whether what I was experiencing was as expected so I phoned the hospital and spoke to the Senior House Officer. Again, he was helpful, straightforward and compassionate, leaving me reassured and relieved.

The improvement in my hearing is fantastic, despite my operation turning out to be more complex than most (due to the unexpected presence of fibrous scar tissue). Within a few weeks of the operation, I was hearing much better and life is markedly less challenging now than before my stapedectomy. So many situations are easier, including business meetings, social situations, using the telephone and visits to the theatre.

I am blown away by how positive an experience having my stapedectomy has been. I would (and do) recommend anyone who has otosclerosis to get referred to Jeremy.



It was in early 2004 that the situation became hopeless. I would sit in meetings with my hand cupped around my left ear. My wife would comment that the television volume was always very high.  When I slept on my right ear I would miss the alarm clock entirely. Colleagues sitting ten feet away from me would call me on the phone rather than try to talk to me directly! Something had to be done.

A brief visit to the GP confirmed the problem and he referred me to Mr Lavy in Harley Srteet, not far from where I was living at the time. I had a hearing test and had a long conversation with Mr Lavy, who put forward his thoughts that otosclerosis might be the cause of my hearing loss.  He then described how treatable the condition was and what would be involved in the next steps. I remember being enormously relieved.  My wife and colleagues were pretty relieved as well!

A date was set for surgery.  I flew in from Germany that morning and was admitted to the London Clinic.  After resting for an hour or so I was taken down to the operating theatre where My Lavy and his team were waiting. The local anaesthetic followed – a gentle comfortable process. During the procedure I had an incredible experience. A TV monitor had been placed so that I could see the operation – I could clearly see what Mr Lavy was doing.  We could talk easily. At one point we spoke at length about a minor issue in the procedure. I watched the drum being moved, the piston being put in place and the ear drum being replaced – all clearly on the monitor. It sounds strange to say, but it was one of the most fascinating and interesting events I have been through, and all with an enormous sense of trust and confidence in Mr Lavy’s skill and capabilities

Later that same evening I took a taxi home.  Two days later I was back at work.  Two weeks later the dressing was removed and I noticed an immediate difference.  Conversations were clear. Meetings were audible. The mud of partial deafness had been cleared.  Music(a lifelong passion) regained my interest. 

This quick operation really changed my life

A few weeks ago I was sitting in a concert hall in Tokyo listening to a piano recital. I was sitting maybe 50 or 60 feet away from the stage – maybe further, and I realised that I could hear the sounds of the hammer mechanisms hitting the strings!

Without Mr Lavy’s skill, there would be no way at all this would have been possible. I’m enormously grateful.

(DT currently living in Tokyo)


I was diagnosed with otosclerosis in both ears in my mid 20s after having started to realise that there was a problem with my hearing, especially as my right-ear hearing deteriorated significantly in comparison with the left one. A few years later I started considering options for treatment as my hearing loss started to affect my professional and personal life. I am one of those people who went straight for the surgery option and did not try hearing aids first. I was of the opinion that addressing the cause rather than the symptoms sooner rather than later was the right thing for me. And happily it was.
After having failed to identify specialists that I can be referred to via my previous GP practice I decided that I needed to do my own research and I found Jeremy Lavy’s website. I emailed him and he responded promptly which was very comforting after some years of looking for answers. I asked my GP to refer me to RNTNE in London and weeks later I got my first consultation appointment.
During my initial appointments I had hearing tests carried out and my diagnosis confirmed. I was also confirmed that I was a suitable candidate for surgery and had a couple of discussions with Mr Lavy on the details of the procedure, risks involved, success rate and post-surgery expected side effects and recovery times. Having done a lot of reading previously, I knew a lot about the operation but specific information about the success rate of the practice and how the procedure is carried out (different practices may do it in different ways) made me feel more reassured that I knew the detail. When I first contacted Mr Lavy he advised me to check the success rate of any consultant I was going to see and this is excellent advice. I found that his practice was placing their ‘failures’ at under 0.5% which across the industry is the lowest there is (some reference documents talk about 1 – 2%). I was also given some leaflets with basic pre and post operation advice.

The operation
My operation took place in December 2006 and I was given the option of not spending the night before in the hospital since I could make it to the clinic early in the morning. I went to the hospital with my husband and sister and they were brilliant in cheering me up and keeping my spirits up. I was one of the first to go in the theatre after having undergone all necessary preparation by very caring nurses. I was introduced to the team and everybody made me feel so relaxed and reassured I couldn’t believe it. I even had a trainee nurse assigned to look after me while receiving the anaesthetic and sedatives. My entire operation was performed under local anaesthesia, and from a patient perspective it was perfect, especially because when the final part of the procedure was completed I had possibly one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. To begin with, I had some concerns about my ability to keep perfectly still during the entire time, or feeling any pressure or pain. Neither of these were a problem at all – first of all the sedatives and painkillers in the drip put you in a snooze-like mode and keeping still is not an issue. Mr Lavy also advises you when you need to keep very still at crucial points of the procedure (especially when using the laser), just in case you feel like stretching when you shouldn’t (I didn’t). My operation took a bit longer than expected due to difficulty encountered in keeping my taste nerve out of the way, as Mr Lavy told me afterwards. At some point I thought I started to feel a bit of pain and told the team, who supplemented my drip with more painkillers. The local anaesthesia consisted of a couple of injections (you only really feel the first one), which was not painful, probably just uncomfortable. I would compare these to injections you receive when you have a tooth removed or root canal work done at the dentist (I am only writing this detail because some people have asked, otherwise not worth mentioning really).
The final part of the operation - when the prosthesis goes in - was an amazing experience that got me into tears. Instantly I started to hear everything around me so much louder (including the music they were playing in the theatre – great!!) and Mr Lavy tested my hearing by whispering words in my ‘new’ ear that I had to repeat. This is the benefit of having local anaesthesia, as everybody can tell on the spot if the operation is successful. For anyone who has lived with otosclerosis, severe hearing loss and no hearing aids for quite a while, it is an amazing feeling that I cannot compare with anything.

I rested for a few hours after the operation in hospital, and got discharged the same evening as there were no complications. I was very lucky not to have any serious dizziness afterwards, or too much pain (the stronger of the two painkillers that the hospital gave me to take home were never needed). So I took my souvenir tiny stapes in a glass jar (they give it to you if you want it and it’s amazing that even if you know how small this bone is, it’s still a shock to see it) and got driven home by my husband. This was my first contact with the outside world and it was loud and strange, I could hear every noise on the road and in the car very loud and strange with a lot of reverberation in my head. At home I felt so energetic that I had to remind myself to sit still. I suppose I was still running on the adrenaline of the day.
From the following day my brain readjusted to the situation and I suddenly felt very tired, spending most of my time on the sofa and sleeping. Pain and dizziness were no issues, luckily. My hearing had gotten very muffled by then, something I had been told would happen because of the blood / debris and obviously the packing inside my ear. I didn’t worry too much about that as I knew I had to wait and see. I had temporarily lost my sense of taste on the side of the tongue corresponding to the operated ear, again something that I was expecting. This was only temporary and it came back gradually.
For a few weeks I have experienced a lot of noise, popping and cracking sounds in my ear, and varying levels of hearing. There were many occasions when my hearing felt severely muffled and if I spoke I could hear my own voice reverberating inside my head, which felt very uncomfortable. Some sounds and noises I perceived much better than others, but overall I could not hear much through the packing. I also had very frequent heartbeat type noise in my ear.
My tinnitus present before the operation had initially disappeared for a few days but then came back at annoying levels (no doubt heightened by the lack of hearing and stress). It took a few months before it actually got significantly reduced, which was very lucky as this is not a guarantee of the operation. More than a year after the operation it hardly ever bothers me nowadays.
I had my packing removed after two weeks and the preliminary hearing test revealed very good results. After that, I was again able to hear people in noisy environments and use the phone on that ear (which I had stopped doing for years due to the lack of hearing). When the first full hearing test was done (some 2-3 months after the operation) the results were excellent and the audiologist said she was ‘gobsmacked’. I had gone from a severe hearing loss (80-70 db) to a mild loss bordering normal hearing (30-20 db).
Since the operation I got so used to my new hearing that I can’t even remember what it was like before. I had tests done since and everything stayed within the same range, which is great.

Jeremy Lavy
The one thing I lacked most in my years before the operation was the access to clear information and professional advice. Finding Jeremy's website and getting in contact was like a breath of fresh air. It came as a great surprise that this great surgeon has time to spend late in the evenings to respond to people who write to him. His professional, open and friendly approach go a long way to reassure you when being confronted with the need to make a pretty important decision in life! In the end it is a personal decision to go ahead with the operation but frankly I don't think you could be in better hands when it comes to it. To me it was a life changer. And I have Jeremy Lavy and his wonderful team at the RNTNE to thank.
Thank you!

AP London


'Over 20 years ago I had a stapedectomy, under general anaesthetic, followed by one week in hospital.  I would never have imagined that in 2008 I could have the same operation in the other ear using laser, as a day patient, under local anaesthetic.
I was able to watch the procedure on a screen, and the moment Mr Lavy inserted the prosthesis into my ear I could hear.  This was amazing.
The ear was then packed with a dressing so sounds were muffled over the next few weeks.  However, knowing that I was able to hear gave me the patience during my recovery.  My balance had been affected if I moved my head suddenly or bent down, and my tongue felt as though it had been slightly scalded.  I had a stronger desire for salty foods.  I was assured this would be temporary, and it did resolve itself over the next few months.
After the operation I was monitored carefully with 3 follow up appointments at Out Patients with Mr Lavy.
The operation has been life changing.  I no longer have to think about which side I need to sit at a dinner table to hear the conversation, or dart around my friends when walking beside them on the street in order to be on my 'good side'.
I have great confidence in Mr Lavy, and he has been most kind and supportive throughout'.    Thank you very much for everything.
(MLS, Tadworth,Surrey , 53)



I was very deaf, depressed and desperate, I did not know what to do.

My consultant at the time, told me that an operation was not good, he did not explain anything else and he bluntly told me to wear a hearing aid (I hate hearing aids) if I wanted to hear.

On my lowest moments, I went onto google website and I wrote OTOSCLEROSIS, I saw Mr. Jeremy Lavy's email address and I decided to tell him my sorrows. I did not know him at all, never heard of him.

When he wrote to me straight away, I thought: "What a nice doctor and person, he does not know me and he answers my email".

On his email, he told me: "Next time when you go to the Royal ENT hospital in Gray's Inn road, say in reception that you would like to see me for a second opinion". So I did.

Mr. Lavy saw my hearing test and told me I could have the operation. He put me on the waiting list.


On the day of the operation, he was very caring with me throughout the whole process. After the operation he came to see me a few times to see how I was.

I had the operation with local anaesthetic, as the anaesthetist doctor told me that Mr. Lavy preferred that way. The reason for that is because straight after the operation, the doctor would whisper a few words on my ear so we know if the operation has worked or not. In my case, it did really work, it was like when I am listening to the radio and all of the sudden the volume goes up, that is what happened.

He told me that I could go home if I wanted to as I was feeling fine and I was not dizzy at all. But because I felt a bit weak, I told him that I preferred to spend the night in hospital, Mr. Lavy, said that that was fine.


I went home and I was really scared, as I did not know what to expect. The package came out a little bit, and I had a little bit of bleeding, so I wrote Mr. Lavy. He wrote to me straight away to reassure me and to say what I had to do.

Then I wrote to him again, to ask him when I could fly and if I could travel by underground. Whenever I was worried about something, I just emailed him and he always answered to me straight away.


Any time I have a worry about my ear, I just write to Mr. Lavy and he always answer to me, even 2 years after the operation. Last time was a few weeks ago when I had a very bad cold and I could not hear very well. I emailed him and he asked me to go to see him to the hospital so he could see what the problem was.


Mr. Lavy is not only a superb, successful, dedicated and good doctor-surgeon, but he is also one of the best caring persons I have ever come across with. I did not know him at all and he did all these for me. I thank God for having put him on my way. I really trust him.

AG (London)


It took me more than 4 years to make the decision to go ahead with an operation. Although I had several consultations with top ENTs, I felt that nobody was feeling confident enough to carry it out . I found Jeremy Lavy through his website and started emailing him asking questions which he always replied with patience, even the childish ones! His confident and friendly approach , his deep knowledge of the
condition, and the clear explanations, together with my despair for a better hearing, made me feel that I had no other solution. But I was in good hands!

The operation was carried out in the London Clinic last June( 2007). The whole team was very professional and friendly, and Jeremy was an attentive angel! He reassured me that all was going well which made me more confident, and following his advice for after care, I am enjoying a great hearing result which I hope will last.
Finally I can enjoy my music lessons, my teaching and my skiing!!!Just like a new life!!!

Thank you Jeremy.

K P (Midlands)


I would very much like to tell my story of the events leading up to regaining my hearing !!!

Some 15 years  ago I was diagnosed with Otosclerosis on my Right ear and had a very successful Stapedectomy performed by E.N.T.Surgeon Mr Terry of Farnborough Hospital in Kent. This involved quite a lengthy procedure, whilst under a General Anaesthetic and a stay in Hospital of some 7 days, the first couple lying in bed with my head lower than my feet, this making “particular procedures” very awkward to say the least !!! But we wont go into that !!!
But full credit to Mr Terry it was a great success . He gave me back my hearing !! Wonderfull !!

Then in 2005 I realized the hearing in my left ear was dwindling. I was referred to my local hospital who suggested a Hearing Aid, and I went along with this for some 3 years, until I found that the aid was not helping as much as it did initially. I got rather concerned, and just by chance one evening I punched “Stapedectomy” into good old “Google”
There it was, all the information I needed about Otosclerosis and Stapedectomy! Under Mr. Lavy’s web site.
I emailed Mr. Lavy and within a day or so I  received a very warm reply, inviting me to be referred to him, to see if he could help my condition.
Within a short time there I was, speaking to Jeremy Lavy and feeling very very confident that he would indeed at least, do his best for me. I found him so professional, at no time did I feel rushed, bearing in mind there was a string of patients outside waiting for him.
He gave me all his attention with the most caring attitude one could hope for.
He then suggested that I give it some thought and get back to him when I felt ready to make a decision about whether or not to go ahead with the operation. At that point I looked at my partner, who actually looked more worried than me, looked back at Mr Lavy and said , I have given it some thought , I want you to go ahead . Without further ado he booked me in.
He gave me all the confidence I needed to be sure that if there was any chance of regaining my hearing, he was the man for the job.

Operation Day :: I was very worried  about having a Local Anaesthetic , but no problem,
 very very little discomfort , Mr Lavy and the whole team was so attentive to me I just felt so relaxed. I would truly opt for Local Anaesthetic again.
Then that wonderful moment when I could hear all Mr. Lavy said to me, even at a whisper.
 Truly absolutely marvellous.!!!

Once the operation was completed, and after a short stay in recovery, I was wheeled back to the ward where,  again my partner still looking  more worried than me, was able to join in the knowledge that the Opp had been a full success. I was told that I could leave that afternoon, if I felt well enough, to travel back to Norfolk.

I indeed felt so good that I could have gone shopping in Knightsbridge. Oh dear my partner started looking rather worried again.!!
 At 4.30 I was discharged, we walked to our car and my partner drove us back to Norfolk.
 As easy as that.
               Job Well Done!! Job Very Well Done!! Job Exceptionally Very Well Done !!!

Two  weeks later, back we go, Dressings removed all looking fine. In the next few weeks I did have quite a lot of gurgling and popping noises, and also a metallic taste,  and at times I did feel a little worried that my hearing may be marred by these noises, but it all steadily settled down and my hearing is now  very very clear.

             Please Please if you have any qualms , just take on board Mr. Lavy’s advises,
                   but please let me assure you that you will be in the BEST possible hands.

                                               THANK YOU. THANK YOU.
                     MR. JEREMY LAVY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART !!!!

Mrs. S. C. Norfolk. June 2009


[Home] [Deafness] [Otosclerosis] [Surgery] [FAQ] [About Us] [Feedback] [Contact Us]